Fire & Smoke Damage
Having a house fire is one of the most frightening situations for any family to face. When house fires occur the safety of you and your family is always first and foremost. Once safety is established, assessing the damages that have transpired can be heartbreaking. In some cases, your home and your most valued possessions may be damaged or even ruined. Being proactive and learning ways to help prevent a house fire is important and knowing what to do and who to contact after a house fire to help with restoring your home and belongings from the fire and smoke damage can help ease your mind.
Home Fire Prevention
Protecting your family and home is important. There are things which can be done to help prevent house fires from occurring. Here are the Top Tips for Fire Safety from the American Red Cross:
- Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
- Test smoke alarms every month. If they are not working, change the batteries.
- Talk with all family members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
- If a fire occurs in your home, Get Out, Stay Out and Call for Help. Never go back inside for anything or anyone.
For more information visit The American Red Cross – Home Fire Safety
Smoke and Fire Restoration
After a fire your safety comes first. Do not enter your home until fire authorities tell you that it is safe to do so. After you have clearance from a professional to re-enter your home it is important to be careful while assessing the damages.
- Open windows and doors to allow fresh air to circulate.
- Limit your movement to avoid soot from being spread or embedded.
- Cover flooring to help protect floors and carpet from additional soot stains.
- Wear safety glasses and gloves to protect your eyes and hands.
- Wearing a mask can help protect your lungs from irritation.
- Dry items which were wet from fire hoses when putting the fire out.
Who to Call
When attempting to clean smoke or fire damage from your walls and flooring it may be best to hire professionals to complete a dual cleanup for fire/smoke damage and water damage. The professionals at Wetherington Restoration & Remodeling Inc. Have been helping the communities in Port Charlotte and all surrounding areas with cleanup and restoration for smoke, fire and water damage for many years. We offer prompt response for all clients to help ease your mind. We will help to work with your insurance company to allow you time to focus on what is important to you. We are licensed and insured and are always here to help. We are a available 24 hours a day. Call Now 941-764-0822.